Useful information about volunteering in Argentina
The volunteers coming to Argentina have to choose and inform the Sending Organization in which
placement they would like to work at and why. They should write as much information about their skills, abilities and ideas as possible.
- Subir al Sur organizes a Skype meeting before the arrival of the volunteer in terms of organizing
everything and give them information to prepare themselves for their experience.
- All the following work placements have already received volunteers in the past, but we cannot
guarantee that all of them will be available when you come here. In case your “chosen” social
- project is not available, we will place you in another project that is the very similar to your
first choice, according to your skills, profile and expectations.
- In Argentina most people do not know a second language - such as English – you should be prepared
to practice the local language as much as you can… For this reason, we suggest you to start practicing Spanish as soon as you decide to participate in our programme, ask for the Spanish tools by mail
once you have decided to participate.
- The local organization opens the doors for you and they expect you to be active and engaged with
the institutional misión. They will expect that you propose some activities and workshops, so be
prepared to share your skills and knowledge.
- Our volunteers are hosted in the intercultural volunteers house in a communitarian environment. In
case the volunteer´s house is full we have an agreement with a hostel and few host families. We expect
the volunteers to be mature and independent.
- It can happen that, at the beginning of the programme you could feel that there is not so much work to do in the Project and that they are a bit disorganized. You should keep in mind that it is a
new environment, new people, new culture and that they have their own methodology and you should need
time to understand everything. This period will be short depending on your own your flexibility and
- All our projects are located in vulnerable areas. So, you have to be aware of possible dangers when walking around alone in these regions, especially during night time after the work.
- You are going to be part of Project where the priority is the target group and the volunteer is in
the Project to help the local organization in their mission, not to be the priority or to receive a
special treatment for being a volunteer. You must try to adapt yourself to the real demands of the
project and not vice-versa.
- You have to be prepared to catch buses everywhere and alone, but do not worry because the bus
system is a ordinary and quite efficient mean of transport. But, please, consider that we travel one
hour to go to every place, we are located in a huge city.
- We will always give you support when it is needed, but we expect that you want to join set
activities and also will be interested in making your own proposals to develop different activities or
worshops once placed in the project.
We are really motivated about your participation in our programme…